THE SUNSHINE AWARD!!! 🙂 Yay! Thank you so much!!!
11 Facts About Me
1. I love cats. But don’t worry. It’s not like crazy-cat-lady status… yet…
But, please, keep reading.
2. The last novel I just read was Northanger Abbey (italicize) by Jane Austen. My recommendation: don’t read it. Just don’t do it to yourself.
3. If I had more time, I would go to lots of book club meetings. Well, if I had more time, I’d be a time traveller. And if I were a time traveler, I would go back to Austen’s time and tell her to never write Northanger Abbey. Or just highly revise it. Or just write me into the plot. 😉 Or just write a plot period.
4. Man’s Search for Meaning (italicize) by Viktor E. Frankl is one of my favorite books! What are you reading (well… besides this fab-u-lous blog) in your spare time? Drop whatever book you are holding, and go to your local library, your local computer store, or your local telephone booth … or whatever. BUT GET A COPY OF THIS BOOK! It really is amazing. I may or may not exaggerate a little … or a lot. It’s true. But I’m not exaggerating when I say that this book changed my life. It’s that good.
5. I don’t have a favorite color. I love them all.
6. I think people shouldn’t be so mean to hipsters. Why is there so much hate in the world? Learn to love a little, my friends.
On the flip side, people shouldn’t try to be hipster either. It just happens, you know? Don’t force it.
7. I love lace.
8. Desserts should be eaten first. Always – well, not really always. Just when the occasion arises.
9. Red lipstick = way yay every day! (Or whenever the occasion arises.)
10. Everyone should wink more often. It’s practically a dying art. On a range from 1 to 10, my winks have gone from probably a 3-4 to at least a 9.65.
The age-old cliché is true: practice really does make perfect. 😉 *bing*
11. For the past six months, I have had “Sweet Caroline” stuck in my head. In fact, various parts of the song sometimes seem to run in the back of my mind like to show in the old movies. Perpetually, eternally–it would seem. Why, music gods, why?
11 Questions from rubyangel711
1. My makeup mantra is:
“Less is more.”
2. Who is your celebrity icon?
Grace Kelly or Julia Ormond
3. What is your favorite style of Halloween costume?
Funny ones are always great
4. You’re invited to a cocktail event last minute. Whatever will you do with your hair?
Probably just do a half-up, half-down look. Something natural, easy.
5. If you could only bring one beauty product with you on a 3-day vacation, what would it be?
Does shampoo count?
6. What is your current favorite item of clothing/accessory right now?
Cozy sweaters & warm socks (oooops that’s 2). ☺
7. Packing your skincare products for a weekend getaway is…
Torture – packing stinks
8. How often do you wear your hair in its natural texture?
Pretty often, I guess.
9. When applying blush, which of the following are you looking to achieve:
10. What is your time-sapping makeup mishap?
A smudge that takes time to remove
11. What is your all-time favourite book?
LOVE sooooooo many. See #4 above, though!
Once again, thank you so much for nominating me! 🙂